The Holiday Company is purely a travel and holiday assistance service that will work with you to create the right package holiday for your requirements. We will source experienced professionals to assist you to get the best out of your holiday and work hard to help you create some happy memories of your travels. We are not a substitute for social care and are not governed by the Care Standards or monitored by the Care Quality Commissioner.
We are only as good as the information you provide us with concerning your personal requirements. It is therefore essential that you and your care provider and/or advocate provide detailed information on our forms. Be as clear, factual and forthright as you can. We will maintain your privacy and confidentiality at all times and only inform the person that needs to know to enable you to get the service and resources you require.
However, Finca Supported Holidays would like to advise you that if there are any circumstances outside of its control between the original advertisement and your booking then we reserve the right to change your accommodation, to best suit your requirements, as and when necessary without notice.
We will endeavour to ensure that the accommodation is suited to your needs, within your price range and of the same initial quality.
Your contract is with Finca Supported Holidays Ltd, which is a member of ABTA.
When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live there and wish to do so.
[If you had not seen these terms and conditions when you made your booking and you are not happy to proceed with the booking now that you have seen them please return all documentation to us or to your travel agent, within 7 days of receiving these booking conditions. Your booking will be cancelled and your monies will be returned in full, provided you have not commenced your travel. This clause does not apply if your booking was made within 10 weeks of travel].
We provide full financial protection for our package holidays, by way of our Air Travel Organiser’s License Number 9674. When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where we aren’t able do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
1) These terms and conditions will come into effect when we accept your booking and deposit payment. By booking with us you are deemed to have accepted these conditions.
2) Provisional booking reservations may be made by telephone, but in all cases must be confirmed within 14 days by sending Finca Supported Holidays Ltd a fully completed/signed booking form and a deposit of £250.00 per person per week for holidays.
3) Full payment of the balance of the holiday is due 70 days prior to the commencement date of the holiday. If a deposit and / or balance is not paid on time it may result in cancelation of your travel arrangements. Deposits and balances are nonrefundable. (Any late payments will incur a charge of £25.00)
4). It is strongly recommended that you obtain comprehensive travel insurance for all holidays including UIK venues. A copy of your insurance must be forwarded to us 28 days before departure.
We reserve the right to alter the prices of any holiday’s shown in our brochure. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
Changes in transportation costs, including the cost of fuel, dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports and exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. However there will be no change within 30 days of your departure. We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that, plus an administration charge of £1.00 per person. If this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (if this is of equivalent or higher quality you will not have to pay more but if it is of lower quality you will be refunded the difference in price), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges. We will consider an appropriate refund of insurance premiums paid if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy. Should you decide to cancel for this reason, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days from the issue date printed on your final invoice. Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. Please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
5). Most of our holidays, with the exception of Spain, require a minimum number of guests to make this viable, should we fail to achieve the minimum numbers we will inform guests at least 70 Days prior to the holiday date and either return any monies paid without further compensation or offer the individual an alternative holiday.
Holidays are based on an economic minimum number of passengers which is usually four ( 4) If you do not pay the balance of the holiday cost on time we reserve the right to cancel your booking. We reserve the right to cancel your holiday in any circumstance, but if we do so you can either have a refund or accept a replacement holiday of corresponding value from us, subject to availability. We will not be liable to pay any compensation if we are forced to cancel or in any way change your holiday as a result of unusual or unforeseen situations outside our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even with all due care. These include unavoidable technical problems with transport, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation of flights by an airline or main charterer, the alteration of the airline or aircraft type, war or threat of war, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural disaster, bad weather, epidemic or terrorist activity. (Force Majeure)
Should you wish to cancel your holiday with us you should notify us directly in writing as soon as possible. The scale of cancellation charges detailed is according to the number of days prior to departure that written confirmation is received by us.
|Prior to Departure date:||Cancellation Charge:|
|90 days or more||Loss of deposit|
|89 -60 days||50% of total holiday cost|
|59-30 days||70% of total holiday cost|
|29-15 days||90% of total holiday cost|
|14-0 days||100% of total holiday cost|
We do not accept responsibility for our failure to perform the contract for the package holiday or for the improper performance of the contract, as such failure is due neither to any fault on our part nor to that of our employees, agents, sub-contractors or suppliers if it is:
Our liability shall be limited in accordance with the international conventions which govern such services and conditions of carriage of the carrier.
6) Invoices will normally be sent to the guests themselves unless otherwise stated on their booking form.
7). Meeting points: You will be met at the designated departure airport in the UK, times and dates will be mailed out to you 21 days before your holiday departure date. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that they are at departure points in plenty of time, as although we would endeavour to wait as long as reasonably possible, we cannot be held responsible if we have to start the holiday without the guests due to their late arrival. (It is not our responsibility to get guests to and from the designated meeting points.) Assistance begins after a handover period between Carer/family and Finca Holiday Assistants at the designated meeting points.
Designated airports may not be your local airports. If you wish to travel from your local airport and if this is an option – a charge for internal travel for Finca holiday assistants will be added to the cost of your holiday. (This may include train fares, hotel costs, refreshments /meal or any other travel costs associated with the journey that may be incurred).
Choices of hotel packages are usually fully inclusive, however, in the event that these venues only offer half board/bed/ breakfast packages, the cost for both yourself and Finca holidays assistants meal(s) and soft drink must be met by you after agreement is reached on cost.
If going off site and you are on a fully inclusive package a picnic box and refreshments will be ordered to prevent further costs.
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us, and must be paid directly for yourself and Holiday Assistant. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
8) Luggage is deemed to be the responsibility of the guest, and we cannot accept any liability for damage how so ever caused. For this reason, we recommend that guests take out insurance cover.
9) Holidays abroad includes flights to and from UK, with a ratio of 1 holiday assistant to three guests. Accommodation based on 2 guests sharing a room, if a single room is required then you will be informed of the supplement charge at the time of booking. Meals and drinks on site are also included unless otherwise stated in the brochure, 24/7 assistance, local day/ evening trips. Other trips and tours not included can be added and payment is paid in the resort. This cost is payable by the guests.
10) The holiday package does not include personal spending money, snacks, drinks, meals ( off site), medical expenses, cancellation insurance, transport to and from the designated airport, tips, postage, phone calls. It is advisable for guests to have money to spend at airports in case of delays or other unforeseen circumstances.
11) Contact numbers will be given to your relatives/carers so that they can keep in contact with you, the holiday maker, during the holiday period. Finca staff also enhances communications by uploading photographs and comments each day to our “Daily Update” page via our website. This is a useful tool which enables carers/ families/interested parties to be reassured that you are enjoying your break and they can follow your holiday experiences as they happen. In the event that any individual does not wish to be included on our daily updates page or on our website please identify this clearly on the booking form. Updates will still happen for other guests but without your image being shown.
12) A confirmation letter together with a checklist, to enable you to make informed decisions (regards clothing, spends, personal effects, documents…) will be sent out 21 days prior to the holiday, along with all information regarding flights. However, flight times can sometimes be changed at short notice and are outside our control. In this event we will make every effort to contact each guest and advise of any changes.
13) The guest is responsible for ensuring that they have a valid passport. Many countries now require the passport to be valid for a period of 6 months from the date of return. Currently there are no visa requirements for British Citizens travelling to EU countries. Specific requirements can be confirmed with the relevant Embassies / Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. At this time UK residents do not require any vaccinations for travel within the EU. We strongly advise you to contact your GP / Nurse for the latest information on any destination. Foreign and Commonwealth Office or relevant authorities will be able to offer an up-to-date travel information to help British Citizens make informed decisions about travelling abroad. For more information contact: www.fco.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo
14) Smoking is not allowed in any vehicle or accommodation, although there is usually a designated smoking area.
15) Any damage caused by guests whilst on holiday will be deemed their responsibility and not that of Finca Supported Holidays Ltd.
16) We recommend that guests deposit the majority of their spending money, passports, EC11 and Insurance documents (or other valuables). in a designated safe or identified place once at the venue. This is a matter of choice for the guests but it is their responsibility to ensure safekeeping of personal belongings.
17) Guests who require specific aids and adaptations (including incontinence aids/mattress protectors, stand aids, shower chairs and any other specialist equipment) are requested to bring these items with them. If Finca is provided with a formal request for the hire or location of such equipment then the Holiday Company can facilitate this on an individual’s behalf. The costs of such provision will be your personal responsibility and must be met by you, the holiday maker. This has to be paid at the time of booking.
18) All medication must be provided in dossett boxes or blister packs (unless liquid). MAR sheets are to be included. (We are all fully trained in MDS system of assisting guests with their oral medication but we do not have a medical background. Finca staff cannot assist with any invasive treatments but can advise and support guests to access medical treatment.
19) Any guest who engages in antisocial, disruptive, abusive or violent behaviour may be asked to leave the holiday (any costs incurred must be met by the guest). Remember – you are held to account in the law(s) of the country you are a guest in and as such are responsible for your own behavior. Finca’s holiday assistants can provide guidance on local customs and will include it in your checklist information (especially on long-haul trips).
20) All paperwork used throughout the holiday i.e. risk assessments, health and safety records, financial recording sheets, daily logs, accident /incident reports are completed to British standards. (Please note we only use our own paperwork systems not that of the individuals). In line with the principles of reducing environmental waste Finca is moving towards a paperless system of recording, starting with the “Holiday Summaries” which have been replaced by the “Daily Updates”.
21) Finca Supported Holidays Ltd has full public liability and Medical Malpractice Insurances. This brochure is our responsibility, as your tour operator. It is not issued on behalf of, and does not commit the airlines mentioned herein or any airline whose services are used in the course of your travel arrangements.
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your holiday, please write in first instance to:
Sue Carr – Director at Finca Supported Holidays Ltd 86 Preston Road, Standish, Wigan, WN6 0HY within 28 days of your return.
We are a Member of ABTA, membership number Y2634 We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com
If you would like any further information, please visit our web site www.fincasupportedholidays.co.uk or alternatively contact Sue direct on 01257 422667
Our Contact Details are:
Finca Supported Holidays Ltd:
86 Preston Road
Tel. 01257 422667
E mail: email@example.com
Company Registered in England & Wales Registration No. 6364426.
VAT No. 99304630
In accordance with “The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations1992” all passengers booking with Finca Supported Holidays are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all monies paid to us, including repatriation if required (this insurance will not cover repatriation to the country of origin for the passengers outside of the EU), arising from cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Finca Supported Holidays
There is no requirement for Financial Protection of day trips, and none is provided. This insurance is only valid for packages booked that DO NOT include flights.
Consumer aware: Your booking is insured by IPP Ltd and its panel of insurers. – This insurance is only valid for passengers who book and pay directly with/to Finca Supported Holidays. For further information please go to www.ipplondon.co.uk
This Insurance has been arranged by International Passenger Protection Limited and underwritten by Insurers who are members of the Association of British Insurers & Lloyds Syndicates.
Download Claims Form from www.ipplondon.co.uk
Any occurrence which may give rise to a claim should be advised within 14 days to:
International Passenger Protection Limited:
22-26 Station Road
Telephone: +44(0)20 8776 3752
Fax: +44 (0)20 8776 3751
In order to deal promptly with any claim hereunder it is essential that you retain all bills, receipts and other documents relating to your travel arrangements.
CLAIM FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF DATE OF INSOLVENCY WE CANNOT CONSIDER OR PAY CLAIMS RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE